- To build a self-motivated, self-directed and self-sustaining alumni association in Bangladesh.
Status of the Association
- Official launch of the association was held at the Westin, Dhaka on 15 November 2012
- Initial alumni association meeting was held on 14 December 2012 at which an Alumni Ad hoc Committee was formed
- A constitution has been registered with the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies and Firms. on March 2016
- The First Executive Committee was elected on 10 June 2016.
- The members of the Executive Committee has met regularly since they have been elected.
- Their focus to date has been on: – the steps necessary to activate and vibrate the association, – the steps to organize different workshops, seminars and other events for the alumni.
Key activities to date
- Australia Alumni Evening – Towards Sustainable Networking on 25 November 2016
- An alumni website named aaabd.org has been built and active.
- The Executive Committee will work for advancing the objectives of the association and its members (with the strategic, financial and administrative support of the Australia Awards Office Bangladesh) including arranging networking and professional development activities that keep alumni involved and motivated, enabling the group to grow and also meet the objectives of the AAAB Strategy
- The Executive Committee will also consider potential longer term initiatives such as: communities of practice; small grants for association (or individual alumni) initiatives; regional workshops with other associations; recognition events for significant alumni achievements; publishing alumni research; alumni jobs network; alumni association as a research organization and accessing research journals for alumni
- The Executive Committee will also be the focal point for supporting Award recipients at Pre-Departure Briefings and farewell ceremonies, welcoming new alumni on return to Bangladesh and mentoring of recipients
- Increase the membership of the association